Administration

Welcome to our UserVoice forum for Windows Virtual Desktop. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service for you to suggest features you'd like us to add to the service. If you are looking for a forum to discuss issues please visit our Tech Community forum.

Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thank you for joining our community and helping improve Windows Virtual Desktop.

1. Native Scaling capabilities from the ARM Portal

Integrate the existing Auto Scaling script into the Azure Portal for faster integration. Add more capabilities like scale down to 0 machines. Additionally more options could be added to scale out when a certain number of users have logged on to the Session Hosts.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Microsoft Windows Virtual Desktop
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Gallery image is not saved in the WVD administration portal

Only the default gallery images are saved in the WVD portal after the first host server is added to a pool. When you used another image (Windows Server 2016 for example) from the gallery the image selection option is greyed out when you want to add additional servers.

Please support all gallery images.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Management experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Provide the option to delete domain joined computer object when deleting WVD Session Hosts.

Provide the option to also delete domain joined computer objects when deleting WVD Session Hosts.

This is specifically in reference to the computer object created in Active Directory that is left behind when deleting Session Hosts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Management experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Need Sandbox VM Class - Inexpensive, For Proofs of Concept, Demo

Looking at WVD, but when researching costs must often be strictly limited. I need to be able to size VMs for configuration and adminstration testing only - little real work - or for just two or three users. Ideally I'd like to be able to configure VMs for exactly what I want, and that cost less than $50/mo.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Management experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Integrate Task Scheduler-based Scaling Script into Azure Automation with Hybrid Runbook Worker

We should automatically scale session hosts. Currently, such a script is published by Microsoft, but the script must be configured in the task scheduler and have additional VM that runs the scheduled task. We don't like additional VM to reduce costs.
    Therefore, we want an environment that can implement the script without using an additional VM, using Azure Automation with Hybrid Runbook Worker configuration.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Application enumeration across regions

The ability to enumerate and aggregate applications across regions would be a great benefit. Currently only ZRS type WVD implementations can be achieved in active / active across 3 zones within a region but some clients would like greater distance separation between redundant sites and the ability to enumerate and aggregate across different implementations across multiple regions would allow great active / active redundancy.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Management experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ask the end user for a 1-5 star rating of the WVD experience

Basically the same as Microsoft Teams does. Ask the users if they had a great experience using the WVD service. Collect this information and also expose the answers to partners/customers.

Peter Selch Dahl - APENTO

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Diagnostics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Improve host pool creation workflow and documentation

I have made this same mistake twice now. When creating a host pool, I've tried to use an Azure AD account named Admin. This passes the validation in the Review + Create stage, but then fails during deployment because this name (among others) is not allowed. However, the deployment only fails after several objects are created, which means I have to delete the objects and start over with a new pool (or else I'll get billed for them). Also the error messages presented during the host pool creation process, whether for this error, domain join failure, or others, are terribly…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. using P2S VPN Software on Session Host

Can Enterprises use the P2S VPN software installed on the WVD User Sessions to connect to On Prem resources

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Management experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. The RDS experience tool only shows latency from current location. Need the ability to find best servers for multiple or other locations

While planning a deployment, your experience tool only shows latency from your current location. I'm in Atlanta so unsurprisingly, "US East" has the lowest rate. However, my final deployment will involve teams in the Ukraine and Manila as well as the U.S. I'd like to see a planning tool that lets me input the number of users planned, their location, and maybe even the planned workload

For example, if I have a 8 person graphic design team in Estonia needing a power setup and a 5 person content creation team in Manila mainly using Word and not needing as much…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Diagnostics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base